Monday 26 July 2010

A comment on my last post

What I have forgotten to mention in my main text is that:

- When time passes the strength of the neural interconnections diminishes. Of course, the thick the path in the first place, the longer it will take for it to diminish completely. And let's not forget that if you use these paths a lot, they will be strengthened by feedback for whatever other reason you got pleasure at the period that they happened to be active (because all active paths are strengthened), so this is the way we don't forget. But if we have a lot of time since the last time we recalled a memory, then... it might escape us. The signal does not go all the way and although we get pretty close (relevant images and memories are brought into our attention by the selector's attempt to recollect that memory), we still can't seem to find the right word/image/whatever...

A sidenote: there are MANY conclusions that can be drawn by the theory, I'm a bit lazy to write them all down (the ones I have thought anyways). I might be posting some in the future. But I will make a greater effort in gathering them all up, when I believe that my theory is complete and needs arguments to support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment